Sunday, November 11, 2007

There's never a good time....

I sure hope I burned some serious calories at the gym last week, because I'm paying a sweet price tonight. I knew it was too good to be true. For the last 10 hours, Rollin has been having diahrea and vomitting, the flu for sure. Love that childcare. My day has been the following: Rollin moves to a corner and has serious rumblings...I sprint to him, hoist him to the bath, strip him down, run the horrendous diaper outside, wash him, clean him, give him liquid, put a diaper on. He skips around for another hour and the process repeats itself. Bath, new outfit, liquids, cuddles, Rollin skips around and boom, again. This is Rollin's first real sickness at 20 months old and his stamina is amazing me. How you can have it from both ends and then jump on the bed and laugh is just bizarre. Especially with the frequency. Poor little guy. His spirits are up but wow. I don't really want to go to sleep with him because I really don't want to wake up in puke. I feel too bad to put him in his crib though, because he could vomit on himself like he did earlier and not wake up.

I hope this isn't morbid, but I have laughed a few times today. Rollin has learned the word poop today. When he vomited on his pillow he kept saying ooooh, poop. It's so dang funny. He also makes all kinds of faces when we are pampering him. The girls have both observed how being sick really gets you lots and lots of attention. Nina has a serious case of bottle envy. They have been helping me rub Rollin's little feet and head and just being good comforters. We try and get him to lay down but as soon as he regains any energy, he has to get up and blow it.

Hopefully the morning will bring an end to this. This isn't the kind of sick that is okay, like the low grade fever that causes the kids to just be mellow and lay around, I don't mind that so much :) But this is high maintenance and I'm already getting worn out. Right now my little yak is sitting on the floor eating the rice cake I gave him so he can puke it up in uh..let me look at the clock...25 minutes.

1 comment:

Amber Marie said...

Oh Ashley, that is terrible. Yuck, I don't know how I am going to handle those sicknesses! I guess you just have to think that at least this is his first major sickness...very unusual. Poor guy although it doesn't sound like it is bothering him too much. Well I'm glad you got a laugh at his new word of the day! haha