Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Long-Awaited Playdate

With five half-days in a row beginning today, we finally have a chance for playdates. Sela and Treela have wanted to have a playdate since the very first day they met. We had scheduled one at one point, but it fell through because something came up. Treela is new to Hollywood Hill this year like Sela. Anyway, today we finally got together when Treela and her brothers, Noah and Tenysen, came over while their mom went to her parent-teacher conference at the school. They are this wonderful little family. Their mom Suzanne and I are the art docents for Sela's class. I was instantly drawn to her...she is artsy and natural (for lack of a better term) and just has this calm about her that is wonderful. Anyway,I am so happy our paths have crossed and Ilook forward to getting to know them better. Her kids are happy and easy going and very kind. They are total outdoor enthusiasts and though it was raining steadily this afternoon, by looking at them, you would think it was a bright sunny day. They ran all around playing and found bugs and leaves. They are darling. Little Tenysen just hobbled along and watched all that was going on. Noah was the prince and dressed up right along with the girls. It was so much fun to watch them play.

Sela and Treela hanging like monkeys in the greenhouse.
The whole gang of monkeys.
The little cherubs.
Playinng on the chickens' future palace.

1 comment:

Susan said...

So cute. I guess when you have your kids in school it's easier to find play groups. I'm still searching! The kids are getting so big! And may I add so cute! I'm glad we all have good genes.