Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A beautiful morning....

This morning we awoke to a bright orange sky off in the distance. Sela woke us all to show us and we went outside to admire it and try and photograph it (my picture does the scene no justice). After we took Sela to school, I took Rollin and Nina on a walk on the pipeline trail. This trail is breathtaking no matter which direction you look. It is peaceful and beautiful. We met this really neat woman on our walk. She is an adventure coach. We had a nice talk about parenting and she expressed to me how she thoroughly enjoyed every moment and stage of her children's young lives and how quickly the time flies. Her children are young adults now. She was so excited to see children on the trail, which is what got her talking about her own kids. She said this is how they grew up...outside, and she never knew a child who was a bad child when they were outside. She told me about hot yoga and how she thinks is the ultimate cleanse for body and mind. She also talked to me some new trails and places to take the kids that I had not heard of before. Nina and Rollin LOVED her dogs...mini australian shephards. They were really great dogs, so well behaved and very cute. I asked her all about them and it turns out one is having puppies around christmas. We exchanged information. Hopefully we'll meet her on the trail again. I could talk to her for hours.




2 comments:

Amber Marie said...

looks absolutely breathtaking! I may have to stop reading your blog because you live in such a gorgeous place. I love the naked pictures haha!!

Susan said...

SO beautiful. I love the trees too. I love the outdoors and wish there was more than the beach here. I shouldn't be complaining because I missed the beach so much when I was in Utah.

So are the kids getting a puppy for Christmas then??