Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Surprise, Surprise.

About five years ago, I decided I wanted to use mostly cast iron cookware. And then Christmas came and there were lots of HEAVY presents under the tree. I had an inkling of what might be inside. And yes, I now have cast iron pans of every shape and size. Some I can't even lift with one hand. I really only needed a couple, but Zig likes to take care of things all at once. He is very thorough.

A couple of weeks ago he was at David Smith in Seattle looking at furniture for the greenhouse. Then the delivery guys showed up and they start hauling in these huge bongo drums along with the furniture. One would have been fun, but I guess for someone not here all day, 4 is even better. So now there is quite the uproar coming daily from Rollin's room. Ahh, honey.

Another case in point, the Roomba. I raved about it for several days and Zig found it quite impressive as well. Imagine my surprise when I walked by the barn last week and in the corner of my eye I saw a stack of Roomba boxes. Now I love the Roomba, but 4?! I quickly found Zig and told him my thoughts and how I thought this might be a wee bit overboard. He was bummed I found my surprise and that I wasn't super thrilled. I agreed to let him set them all up. They are all hidden, under beds and cabinets. They each come out during the night and do their duty. He did not want me to take a picture or blog about it, but this will be a test to see if he reads the blog. I'm pretty sure he does not :)

And then a few days later, a box arrives...and says Roomba on the outside. Of course, we would need a special heavy duty one for the garage. Why didn't I think of that ;)

So Amber, I guess this answers your question about the Roomba. We're pretty happy with them! Our floors are much much cleaner all the time. I just hope they don't break down all at once. Whatever would I do?


2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Oh, my goodness!! Zig is a piece of work!! Gotta love him!!

Erin said...

ew, maybe Zig won't notice if you mail me one ;) That is on our list if we get this new home!

Drums...sorry! :)