He also moved all the stumps we've been saving to the fire pit area. There is something really magical about having a fire pit. Seeing the kids jumping around on the stumps reminded me of a year and a half ago when John helped Zig build one at our other house (and those HUGE logs!) and how much fun we had dancing around it and roasting marshmallows. Okay, just writing that made have me a little ache inside missing John and Erin :)
For some reason I thought I had a quarter of the energy Zig has and I made a huge list of things I wanted to get done today. I accomplished only 2. The girls have new beds coming this week so I had to go and choose new mattresses. I did some grocery shopping and then got a huge headache (up too late). I decided to come home rather than head to Seattle to look for some bedding for the girls. Next week....
I sure could have used two Saturdays this week!
9 comments:
Geoff's parents have a fire pit and it is a favorite for the girls. We'll have to teach you our favorite Davis fire pit song called Mrs. Murphy's Chowder. It is loud...of course.
Very cool firepit! I can't wait to see the girl's beds, how fun :)
I know :( I tried my best to live close to my sister. Maybe one day? I sure hope so. I miss you all the time and am so grateful for the times we have had together. I'd better stop before I get weepy. It is a sad thought. Love you and miss you.
Now, I'm sad!
I completely agree...two Saturdays would be great. That bread looks so good. I will have to give it a try! And I love the pictures from your hike. It makes me miss Washington so much and all the beautiful green!
hello
So I LOVE ALL of these home(yard) improvements! It's all very dreamy...things I like to think about having in some future yard of our own! :) In the meantime, keep posting so I can live through you! Zig - your my kind of man...keep creating and building!
Wow! Amazing! We definitely need to come visit you all, it's like a resort over there! We could camp out in your yard and you wouldn't even notice us. lol...Where are the belly pics?!
That fire pit is amazing! Oh, the memories you'll have there...so cool.
Post a Comment