Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A Glorious Day....

We've had some wonderful weather this month. Today was so beautiful, I am now so very anxious for summer! We had the windows open. The kids were in and out all afternoon climbing trees, raking leaves, riding their bikes, and watching Eric (Nina's favorite outdoor activity.) Eric was working hard on more raised beds, but he managed to hide some money in a dirt pile and let Nina think she was finding treasure. What a guy.

I left my projects inside and did some serious yard work, and it felt great. Well, I should say at the time it felt great. Now my body is achy beyond belief. But that will go away.

Our garden is taking shape. As I mentioned before, last Saturday, Zig, Erik, Ben, and Rollin worked from dusk till dawn moving a truckloads of dirt into the boxes. Rollin operated the dump function on the trailer. He loves to have a job and be a part of the big boys. I think we will have 12 raised beds and lots of trellises when it's all through. Oh boy, it's going to be a busy summer.



2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Oh, my goodness. Looks like Montecello!!

ashley said...

Well, that was definitely an inspiration for Zig! We love those gardens.