Sunday, November 2, 2008

One more bit of pumpkin news....

We surprised the kids on Halloween with news of our own little 13 week pumpkin! The picture below is funny because the emotion in each of their faces says a lot. Sela told us she had been praying for a baby for a long time. Nina is so excited and wants to hold it first (if it's a girl) and Rollin isn't too sure what to think. Thinking of him not being my baby in six months leaves me a bit melancholy, but I think he'll love a little sibling. We shall see!

8 comments:

Wendy said...

the faces say it all, you could paste mine in right next to them! CONGRATULATIONS!!! WOW!!! I am so happy for you and quite envious as well. :) I hope that you are feeling well.

Dee Ann said...

What a neat way to share the news with Sela, Nina and Rollin. I remember Dad bringing you, Brant and Erin to the hospital when Ryan was born. It was almost the same identical reactions. I remember you and Brant openly expressing excitement and little Erin standing at the nursery window looking on very quietly. I wanted to know what was going on in that little mind of hers. I remember picking her up in my arms and holding her there in a moment of stillness. Continued love covers a multitude of concern. Life is that way!! I am so happy for you, Zig, Sela, Nina and Rollin.

Amber Marie said...

Congratulations Ashley and the rest of the Serafins! What an exciting Halloween you had :) We are excited to see you all and your bump at Christmas!!

Erin said...

I knew it!!! WAHOO! Congratulations!
I can't wait to see what you are having. How exciting :)

Stacia said...

I knew it, you had a few not being able to sleep posts, and so tired posts...I'm so excited for you Congrats...what a blessing. Lot's of happy wish's your family's way.

Shenise said...

Wonderful news for all of you! What a perfect time for a precious new babe(anytime is great of course, but you know what I'm saying). Spring is already a time for renewal and what better reminder that an addition to your cute family. I'm excited to see what you're having too! So you must reach into those Texan roots and remember how delicious a nice filet tastes to help boost those iron levels!

the Geoff Davis said...

Whoalimoli! What great news!!! I'm only sad because I won't know this #4 like I know the others. I'll be feasting on pictures! My kids are praying for a baby, too...maybe yours will do...

Susan said...

Congrats Congrats!!! That's awesome news...actually a little bird named MawMaw told us...:) But it's good to hear. We love you! Hopefully you're past the gross part of the pregnancy and on to the blooming.