Sunday, November 23, 2008

I feel so beautiful today!

After a "touching" moment in the bathroom this morning, I feel like I have been stripped of whatever pride I once had.

And it's Rollin I get to thank for this one.

I was bathing all the kids today. On the days I wash their hair, it's easier just to get in with them. I was in and out fast because it's Sunday and that equals being in a hurry for our family. We have afternoon church but we usually take it easy way too long in the morning and then rush like crazy.

I had already dried Sela's hair and I was busily trying to dry Nina's (it's kind of like a little assembly line), when Rollin decided he wanted to get out. I dried him off and he was just playing in the bathroom waiting for his hair to be dried. I was still in the buff, naturally, and focusing intently on Nina's hair (she has THE most sensitive head on the planet) when I felt a little poke from behind. Rollin poked my bum (to use one of their words). Big deal, I wish I could say it was the first time. HOWEVER; the disturbing part was that it jiggled this time. I felt it and I did not like it, but even Rollin noticed!

I had to pause and say to myself "did that really just happen?!!" When the giggling began, I knew that it was in fact my body that produced such roars of laughter. Then he poked it again and just laughed and laughed. It was seriously like the biggest belly laugh I've heard from him in a long time. Next thing I knew they were all laughing hysterically and asking for a turn (it's appalling, I know). The final straw was when they wanted to run and get dad so he could see! What the ****?

As much as I just love to entertain my children, I decided to get dressed and end the freak show that my pregnant body has become around here!

All pride is gone.

5 comments:

the Geoff Davis said...

This got me laughing, Ash! Ah the honesty of children! My kids have humbled me many times from my body parts to my mothering abilities. At least you have that fun table and chairs to make you feel better! Love the colors! Darcie

Erin said...

You are a great sport!

I love the bright chairs, fun! They look great against the white. Sorry about the crack but hopefully you can keep that one until the new one comes.

Dee Ann said...

Oh Ash, you are hysterically funny in your writting. Just remember, this too will pass and a few years from now being pregnant will be a fond memory - maybe!?

Amber Marie said...

That is hilarious! I can't imagine you with any kind of a jiggle, but I guess it happens to us all.

The table and chairs look so great. I LOVE the color of your chairs. How fun!

Wendy said...

i just can't believe you were 32 (and pregnant) before you had your first "jiggle" - that is definitely something to be proud of!! btw - love the chairs!!!