Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Going, going, almost gone.....

After several weeks of mostly dry and lovely fall weather, it started to rain on Saturday. I realized I had barely captured any of the amazing fall foliage, even though every day I am completely awestruck by the beauty all around me. There is a red Japanese maple just outside our kitchen window that is so stunning it almost doesn't seem real. The leaves are just amazing this time of year. We love to walk to the bus as the leaves gently fall all around us. There is no more glorious time of year. And it's also relatively brief which makes it even more special. Knowing that winter is knocking at the door makes me want to savor each day as the last leaves fall. As the saying goes, the best things in life are free, and I'm so grateful for this time of year and the joy it brings.














4 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Awestruck!! There is a God and he loves us. Taking time to watch the leaves fall makes us be still, find inner peace and feel of something grander than ourselves. I don't know about you, but I need to know God is mindful, knows my every thought and stands ready and willing to bless our lives. I like to think of nature as Heavenly kisses and love heaven sent!! Have a wonderful day, Love you, MOM

Amber Marie said...

wow, that tree is so breathtakingly gorgeous! you live in a fairy-tale land :) Boy do I miss those signs of the seasons!!

Shenise said...

Awe to look out your kitchen window is see that scene...wow! The colors beautiful and comforting really. There is just something about the fall isn't there. I miss the seasons too! Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Oh my goodness! That is so beautiful! We bought a maple tree hoping that the colors would change, but still nothing.