Zig had the kids outside just after breakfast and they started designing the flower beds they were going to tackle. Zig talks to the girls about a plan for how to lay out the different bulbs and they settle on a color scheme. It's pretty fun and Sela really gets into it. Then Zig prepares the ground and digs the holes and the kids spread the bulbs. This is our second saturday of working on this and based on the number of bulbs yet to be planted, we have several more weekends ahead. Here's praying for more good weather!
While the kids were so content and occupied outside, I, unfortunately, never felt energy enough to get in my car. I laid in bed for several hours, then moved to a chair in the sun. While trying to get my vitamins through the window, I noticed lots of dust in places I had never seen. That was discouraging. I guess I don't sit still long in the corner of the room to notice this enough. So, the mental list grew and dusting the living room was added! I haven't been this tired with a pregnancy before and some days it really gets me down. I kind of get a glimpse of what mild depression might feel like. Fortunately, I have some good days mixed in and the heavy duty iron supplements help my energy most days. This will pass, but the holidays are coming and I love this time of the year so much. I want to be back to my normal energy level SOON!
I was so proud of the kids. They worked all day long. They have fun too as they go. Zig is good about that. Nina and Rollin called it a day at about 3:30 and entered the house covered in mud from head to foot. Rollin must have played in some water because when I took his socks off, his feet were so wrinkly and soggy. Sela, the dedicated soul that she is, stayed out till dark working right alongside Zig. She was super happy doing it and finished the day planting pretty blue flowers right outside her bedroom window. Her labors will be worth it when she gets to enjoy all the beauty she helped create this spring.
Everyone then got a good bath, the Saturday night treatment. Rollin and Nina needed a good long soak to come clean.
Last weekend after we worked all day outside, we decided to take the kids to a new restaurant I was very excited about called Preservation Kitchen. I read about it in the local paper and based on the review, Zig was thinking of having his holiday party there for work. It was billed as a place serving great local food, mostly organic, seasonal, etc. It's in an old mansion and the ambiance was very nice. There were no children in the entire place, but our kids were good sports. They like a good variety of foods, but the menu was very grown up, even for them. Wild rack of boar anyone? It seemed like another restaurant very much about the wine list, but serving fairly average food. Neither Zig nor my entrees were anything special. Big bummer.
Anyway, we let Sela choose where we would eat this Saturday since she was the most dedicated worker. She chose Coho, a casual little place in Redmond. It was packed but the kids were happy and it was loud so we could relax, if that makes sense. If you have a Rollin, it makes sense! It was fun to be together, and by dinner-time, that energy I was waiting for all day returned. Not in time to get much done, but in time to enjoy a night out with the family. I'll take what I can get!
5 comments:
I can't even imagine your yard being more beautiful than it is in the fall, but awe thousands of bulbs in bloom..dreamy! Just remember on the cold winter days to come, how grateful you will be in the spring that the ground freezes so you enjoy the beauty in the spring. Just think, the flowers will be in bloom just in time for the new baby!
Oh, Ash, sorry you are so tired. It must be another little boy as Rollin sucked the life out of you, as well. Not this soon, however. Twins??? The sacrifices a mother makes on behalf of her unborn child. Hope you feel better soon. You know that my prayers are that you will be better soon and that all will be well. Love you, Mom
Sounds like a fun Saturday, especially the eating out :) Glad you got some energy to enjoy part of the day. I can empathize with not having energy, I feel like I haven't had normal energy since April! Maybe it is time to get a weekly cleaning lady??? :)
Low iron levels...I've been on the border of anemia for years. Stinks! Good for you for listening to your body and resting! What a happy childhood your kids are having! Miss you, Ash.
I am so excited to see how all these bulbs look as flowers in the spring! Sorry to hear you are so tired, I was definitely more tired with Luke than any of the other kids. But it will get better...for a bit at least, before the achyness settles in! Four is Fun! And we love Coho, one of our favorite places. Good pick, Sela! Yum!
Post a Comment