Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

Our traditional Halloween meal is usually chili and cornbread but I just made chili last weekend for our church fall festival and I was not ready for chili again.

Then I saw Darcie's skeleton picture and just had to make it! I had so much fun with it! I first thought I'd do it because it was sooo simple. Then I got a little bee in my bonnet and decided to try a new spaghetti and meat sauce recipe. And wouldn't homemade breadsticks be good?! I used my regular bread recipe and the sticks worked out great and they looked like bones because they were knobby on the ends. I haven't made spaghetti sauce with meat, well ever! My energy has been low and I had my blood checked and found my iron levels to be very low. I'm trying to eat a little red meat to play catch-up and it wasn't so bad! It was actually very yummy! I kept the kids out of the kitchen and then brought them in for the big "reveal!" We had fun eating the intestines, bones and fingers and toes!

After dinner, we were off for the highly anticipated trick-or-treat. We all went and Zig even picked up a bay cow along the way (little Michael). It was a fantastic night and we bumped into lots of families we knew. Rollin was a greedy little goblin going in for triple dips. I was mortified but since he is so little everyone thought is was cute or at least indulged him. He came home with twice the take as the girls. And he guards it with his life. After they did their sorting and trading, they crashed and I wasn't far behind.







2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Sounds like your Halloween was a lot of fun. Didn't know bones could taste so good!!

the Geoff Davis said...

Great Mr. Bones shots! Love the kid's costumes. Darcie