Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Lazy days of summer....

Every day this week I've had a goal to get the laundry done...it is astounding how many clothes we go through on a summer day. I've actually managed to keep caught up on the washing, it's the puttting away where I have kind of given up this week. Just looking at the enormous pile of clean wrinkled laundry is enough to send me running outside to the hammock with a book. It's summer and I'm definitely letting things slide.

A couple fun things I did try this week were corn chowder with fresh corn on the cob...so fresh and yummy. When we were at whole foods this afternoon I saw these new pops made with coconut milk, pure juice, and fruit purees. As I started to put them in my basket I thought, I can make these. I just love coconut milk in anything so it was no surprise that the creamy coconut mango pops totally hit the spot.

Not too much else going on...lots of getting dirty and playing with the neighbor girls, Emma and Sophia. More lemonade stand today and lots of swimming. The kids get a kick out of seeing the hot air balloons float over our yard. Sometimes they are pretty low and the kids try and scream up to the people inside. They did get a wave once. On Friday Darcie and her girls came over for one of our last playdates. It's hard to believe they have one week left here in Washington. I'm so sad to lose them, but excited for their adventure. I know we will stay in touch so that is comforting. And now I'm off to bed. I'm going to get up early and do laundry ;)









No comments: