Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lemonade, raspberries, and hay for sale!

Sela, Nina, Emma and Sophia got busy on Friday night selling hay. They made a huge sign we put up at the end of the street and they were very confident people were going to line up to buy. I had my hesitations but I kept quiet as not to crush their enthusiasm. I did suggest adding some additional products to their line-up just in case it was a slow day for hay. Just as they were running off to pick raspberries to sell, a little angel of a lady showed up who had seen the sign and wanted to buy hay for her compost. To say she made their day is an understatement! They were all jumping up and down and Nina kept hugging her. They sold a few containers of raspberries as well and then had to shut down for the night.

The next morning they were at it again. This time Sophia and Emma hauled a big ice chest with lemonade, otter pops, and other cold drinks. My girls supplied more raspberries and we made some healthy cookies. There was next to no traffic on our quiet street Saturday but the kids couldn't bear to go home with no sales. They took the lemonade stand to the neighborhood that backs to our property. They sold most of the cookies and raspberries, ate the rest, and called it a day with $14 in sales.




1 comment:

Wendy said...

I wish we were closer! Raspberries and homemade healthy cookies sound divine!