Thursday, August 28, 2008

Jonah

Sela and Nina love to plan and present little lessons for family night. Sometimes Nina comes up with some real winners. Just ask Mom! Once she has a captive audience, you can just see the joy in her bright little eyes. She is not one for brevity and would go on for hours if we would just sit and obey. As the middle child, she loves all eyes on her for as long as she can get it. It thrills her to give assignments and ask questions and have us role play. And she often has us in stitches because she her lessons are a little bit of doctrine and a little bit of rock and roll. Often the girls try to mimic what the sharing time lesson was in primary. For some reason, Sela thought we needed a lesson on obedience this week so she chose to teach about Jonah. She told the story in her own words and had Nina and Rollin play instruments during the story when she said the word "storm" and "spit out." Getting them to stop playing wasn't as easy as she planned. She had us do a craft and make our own whales with a little Jonah man stuffed inside. Even Rollin took his role of newspaper ripper seriously(oh the joy of tearing, ripping, and breaking something!) and stuffed his whale(or helicopter as he calls it) quite full. Well done, Sela!




5 comments:

Colleen said...

Sela is so creative! I love her ideas, even if they didn't go exactly as planned when other participants wanted to extend their role! So cute! And you guys have had a wonderful, sweet and blissful summer, I can imagine you are so sad to see the school year creeping up!

Dee Ann said...

Good job Sela! You are a good big sister and a wonderful example to Nina and Rollin. I do know how Nina loves her role in Family Night as I witnessed it first hand. Memories that they themselves will want their children to experience as well. Seeing the cycle of family life continuing on is truly a blessing.

Amber Marie said...

that is such a great idea! i need to start calling sela on pointers for my sharing time lessons- seriously, she is by far 20 times more creative than I am. Sounds like Nina is too. I remember her lesson at the beach. You said it best- a little doctrine a little rock and roll. Just the way I like it ;)

Erin said...

I can only imagine! I am laughing just at the thought of it all. Super cute!

Susan said...

great craft! and they all came out super cute! FHE is so much fun ehrn you have little ones.