Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Last days of summer

I'm so sad to see the summer come to an end. These carefree days of the kids spending every waking moment outside have been absolutely wonderful. We stayed very unstructured so it's no wonder why I love this particular summer so much. I do love the excitement of back to school and having a bit of a schedule, but no matter what we cut out, things just get busier in the fall. The calendar is already filling up, sadly. Things really get busy for Zig as well and we have the first three weekends already set aside for social engagements for Microsoft stuff. I wish I had one more month and then I think I might be ready.

Today Sela had her "meet and greet" at school. She was put in a 2nd/3rd grade split class, which is what I was really hoping for. Her teacher seems great and she seems happy. Two of her closest friends are in her class and she sits right next to one of them, Perrie, who is also a friend from church. All is well.

This last week of summer the weather has been touch and go. Heavy rains followed by a clear day followed by heavy rains. Our yard is green again :)I think it is supposed to continue that way through the weekend. Yesterday when the sky cleared Nina wanted to have her friend, Piper, over. Her brother, crazy Jack, is Sela's buddy. They had a long super active playdate running all around the yard for hours doing who knows what. I do know the bunny was feeling the love.




2 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Nice to see the kiddoes are still enjoying spotty!!

Susan said...

Spotty must be the best entertainer ever! I wish Savanna would just sit and play with one thing and let me do some things on my own...like use the restroom! one day...