Saturday, January 2, 2010

Nina is 6

Photobucket

Nina turned 6 on December 28th! How is that possible?! Her birthday "friend party" will be this month. I couldn't pull it off in December. Sela helped me make her actual birthday very special by staying up till the wee hours of the morning with Zig downloading songs to her ipod which she decided to give to Nina. She also helped decorate the kitchen with streamers...her idea. We burst into Nina's room in the morning and sang to her. She didn't even know it was her birthday so she was surprised and excited. She was so thrilled about the ipod and listened to it most of the day.

I called our old neighbors, the Bian's, to see if Sarah and Eliza could come to the movies and dinner with us. I knew that would be a fun surprise for Nina. We saw the chipmunk movie and then went to Coho for dinner. The kids love their Almond Joy Sundaes so they always pick Coho when they have the option. The girls had so much fun Nina just reveled in the special attention.

I've totally enjoyed watching Nina really come into her own this year. She is very conscientious, responsible, and incredibly nurturning and loving. Evan's eyes light up when he sees her. She lugs him all over the house and says she really misses him when she goes for playdates. She is a creature of habit and has developed some good and helpful habits this year. She is pretty reserved and conscientious at school, loves to ride the bus, has made lots of new friends, and has a knack for fashion and accessorizing. She keeps getting better at tennis and definitely has a little fire inside. She adds spunk and sweetness to our lives. We love you, Nina!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

7 comments:

Dee Ann said...

I am glad you had your very own Nina kinda day!! That outfit was very befitting for our fashion gooru! Nina, Granny loves you very much and I, too, have seen you become a very sweet, responsible and loving sister. Your spirit reminds me of Christlike charity!! I love you very much and am looking forward to being with you again in April!! Happy 6th birthday!!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday sweet girl!!! Love the outfit :) You are a cutie and I sure hope you had a most wonderful day. We love you!!

the Geoff Davis said...

Uh-oh, streamers. Once you have them you rarely turn back. Well, it is all good and worth it to celebrate little fireballs like Nina. We sure miss her, and loved hearing about her birthday.

Jen and Lance said...

We just wanted you to know you have 2 new blog stockers. This is Lance Pendleton and his wife Jen. We've been addicted, looking at your blog for the last 24 hrs and being amazed at your house and garden. We love it! Lance wanted to say hi and I wanted to say nice to meet you!

Jacob said...

oh my she is so darn cute! you two look so much alike. i love the pic of her in her scarf and beenie. what a little fashionista.

Unknown said...

Oh, Nina is so cute too! Happy belated birthday little fashionista. -gloria

Susan said...

happy belated birthday nina. you are such a cutie pie. and what a nice big sister.