Friday, January 29, 2010

chop chop

Rollin is turning out to be my most enthusiastic and skilled kitchen helper. He uses a sharp plastic knife made for chopping salad, and he goes to town. We made Potato Leek & Chicken Noodle Soup this week. Zig was out of town so some serious kid comfort food was on the menu.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Potato Leek Soup
Photobucket

Potato soup is not a real pretty soup, but it sure tastes good! Especially with my new favorite salad of all time, the red cabbage slaw.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Erin said...

I was just telling Mom the other day how much Jude loves to be in the kitchen with me! He runs and grabs his chair the minute I start making something and stays with me til the very end!! I think we have some little chefs on our hands :)

Amber Marie said...

hemp protein powder?? is there a substitute for that?

Mmm I'll have to put some potato soup on our recipe list for this week- and some chicken noodle. I'll have to look for some plastic knives. Camilla would just love to be standing in the kitchen with me!

Amber Marie said...

and what is that bread thing in the soup??? that's what i'm talkin' about!

ashley said...

amber, the funny thing is that my friend and I couldn't remember seeing the instructor add the hemp powder. It's possible she used hemp seeds.I made mine without any protein powder and more coconut and they were great.

ashley said...

the bread is just naan. indian bread.

Susan said...

yumm! Savanna loves to help in the kitchen too, just wish we had a bigger kitchen...one day, when she's all grown up, and doesn't want to help anymore :(