I did all my shopping early for our Christmas baking. We had several recipes planned for neighbor gifts. But as Christmas approached, I didn't feel like giving sweets. At our house we were already at the point of tossing some of the goodies gifted to us because we had reached our sugar limit. I thought others might be in the same boat so I changed the plan and decided on a healthier approach. I thought New Years might be a better time to give a healthy gift, so we also waited a week. I decided to make granola and delivered it with whole pomegranates. We love to eat greek yogurt with granola and pomegranate seeds for breakfast and I'm sure most people would love it too if they tried it. I think I might have myself a new tradition, and a much less stressful one. This way I can enjoy Christmas cookie baking with the kids without worrying about whether the cookies are pretty enough. It's a win-win! Happy New Year!
5 comments:
YUM!! I think you need to overnight me some ;)
Ash, you have the greatest ideas!!
Mm that looks soo good. Adding the pomegranate seeds is too good to be true. We love the granola and yogurt combo here too!!
beautiful!
fabulous, totally darci approved. :) im sure she is wishing she were your neighbor right now! you are totally the miracle mama ash! i cant believe all you do, and so well, with so much grace! all while these little munchkins are running around! you are so impressive. im glad you liked seeing the crazy adventures of the davis clan, we sure had a blast over the holidays, and wished we couldve seen more or geoff and darc. but im glad we can keep up on each others lives! oh blogging...
Post a Comment