Friday, September 4, 2009

treehouse

It's been a long wait for these anxious little kiddoes. About 16 months or so. But Ben and Eric worked like crazy to get the treehouse ready this week and Saturday afternoon the big moment arrived. No one has been allowed up since the beginning so all the kids have seen has been from below which has totally added to the magic and anticipation. I think they must have asked Eric a hundred times on Friday "is it done yet?" Zig spent a few hours Saturday morning adding some fun touches to the inside. And then we gathered the kids along with Sophia, Emma, and Sydney and led them up to their new little getaway in the trees. I don't know what I enjoyed more, watching Zig beam as they explored their new space or the looks on the kids faces. What a memorable day! The videographer had some difficulties so you might get a little motion sick watching this :)

After more than a year of waiting, the treehouse is finally complete. Come on in!



Photobucket
Rollin was just a little bit excited.

Photobucket
A ramp leads to a swinging bridge

Photobucket
The front door
Photobucket
the kids made a "no shoe" rule
Photobucket
this is the ladder leading up to the loft
Photobucket
Another way to get to the treehouse is to climb the ropes

Photobucket
Some of the windows salvaged from an old tear down house and painted
Photobucket
back porch

Photobucket
who's lookin' out the window!
Photobucket

Photobucket
the old bed...the cushions were white so they are being recovered
Photobucket

Photobucket
monkey ropes beneath
Photobucket
the table is one of Zig's finds
Photobucket
Ben made a balance beam
Photobucket
tire swing from a racing tire
Photobucket

Photobucket
more fun on the ropes
Photobucket
Can we just live here? It would be so much easier to keep clean ;)

Photobucket
And the man who built it all!
To say the kids adore Eric is an understatement!

Photobucket
Zig came up with the design and most of the details and Eric made it happen. They make a great team!

10 comments:

Erin said...

That treehouse could be a guest house if you simply finished out the bathroom in the garage!!! Most visitors would consider it a treat to stay in the treehouse!! It is truly amazing!!

the Geoff Davis said...

Holy.Cow. That is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. Can we come over and play? Seriously, you should charge admission to the neighbor kids...

Erin said...

The above comment is from Mom who is using Erin's computer at the moment!

Stacia said...

When do you start takeing reservations. I'd like a little tree house get away now and then..Love it

Erin said...

WOW Ash and Zig!!! Can we rent that out next summer?! Love the rustic decor, very cool...and I love the two stars on the wall. Great design work Zig! The long wait was sure worth it.

Amber Marie said...

WOW! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen. Maybe if the whole Microsoft thing doesn't work out Zig could start designing custom treehouses ;)

Seriously, that is amazing. Ryan is going to flip! The decor and everything is so great. Good job Zig and Eric!

Erin said...

John on Erin's account. This is officially the first time that I've ever commented on a blog. With a tree cabin that cool, I had to say something. Well done Zig and Eric. Every kid's dream.

Now if you could just hire a few midgets to dress up as cuddly ewoks, it would be truly complete!

Colleen said...

Pure magic! Amazing.... I am in awe. Very "screams of excitement" worthy :)!

Shenise said...

I have been waiting for this you guys! What a dream! It's like the Swiss Family Robinson's Tree House, but BETTER! Zig - what great vision and what an awesome finished product! Love the details from the railing, through the door, out the windows, up to the loft, down the zip line to the finishing touches! And that table and bed I'd take for my own house!

Can I tell you that I've secretly been waiting to visit the Serafins until this project was completed! We'll be there as soon as we can! :) Aren't you happy it's done. He he!

How fun that you included your neighbors in this special day as well. Just terrific!

Oh the wonderful childhood memories that I'm sure, have already begun up in those trees.

ashley said...

Alright, Shenise. Next week looks good! I'm going to give you a call! I'd LOVE to see you and Lane.