As we walked out of the tennis club tonight, I held the door open for a man about my age in a wheel chair. No legs from about the knees down. I glanced at Rollin and he had that look. The look all moms know. The wheels are turning and something highly inappropriate that will likely embarass both parties is about to be uttered.
He hesitated but still looked puzzled, even anxious. The man in the wheel chair was between us so coughing loudly, talking over him, or redirecting his attention were not possible.
Then Rollin moved very close to the man and politely said "uh, could you please not run over me with that thing!"
Fortunately the guy had a sense of humor and he started laughing. He said "Don't worry, I have twin four year olds!"
Never, ever a dull moment with Rollin.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
4 comments:
that is hilarious!!!! thanks for the laugh Rollin :)
Once in a grocery store line Ceci said loudly about the lady in front of us, "That lady has a REALLY big bottom."
Funny! What he said was actually much better than other alternatives that I thought he might say. Cute Rollin!
One time Lane said to my friends husband who was in our home doing drywall repair work, "hey he's a boy!" I started talking really fast and tried to distract him, but I knew what was coming next..."he has a penis!" I almost died. Luckily, much like your experience, this guy also had a sense of humor and said, "Yes I do!" Oh the embarrassment!
Yes, the penis thing. Rollin did the exact same thing to a friend's husband. Those are the moments when I wonder why I taught the correct words for certain parts of the anatomy!
Post a Comment