Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jock and Jill

Zig ran the Jock and Jill half marathon on Labor Day. I thought he did great having only been back into fairly serious running for about a month. He ran a 7 minute mile and his time was 1:34. He, of course, was not satisfied. He beat his time from the last half marathon he ran ten years ago on our honeymoon in Paris. It drizzled the whole time, which actually felt good.

I ran the 4.2 miler. My motivation was to finish fast enough that I could run to the car, drive home, nurse Evan, and see Zig finish. I did that. Fortunately, we live right up the hill from where the race took place. Another highlight of the race for me was having an eight year old running at my heals the whole time. Nothing says you suck like getting beat by a small child (yes, she passed me at the end). I ran a 10.2 minute mile. In other words, I ran slow :) I've run about six times in 8 months so I wasn't trying to break any records. But it was fun and a great start to the day.



4 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Of course you added chocolate to the rice krispies! brillant!

Congrads to you both for running so well! That really is a great accomplishment.

I laughed hard when you mentioned you had an 8 yr old on your heels.

Dee Ann said...

Way to go Ash!! I loved your motivation!!

Shenise said...

Nice run to the both of you! I remember you telling me almost 10 years ago about Zig running that race in Paris.

Ashley, you must have some great support up top because running while I was nursing didn't work for me. Come to think of it, running still isn't enjoyable and it shows! :)

I'm super impressed you ran. BTW-You look great!

Don't worry about the 8 yr. old. Meet him on the tennis court and show'em who's boss!

Erin said...

lookin hot you two! way to go :)