Enter the smoothie.

Usually I might throw in a few leaves of kale for good measure. The kids never notice, and the smoothie is always a berry color. But for some reason, I just decided not to disguise it one morning. I crammed the blender so full of kale, a few berries, and a little orange juice. Sela happened to walk by and gave me a questionable glance like, "I sure hope that's not my breakfast!" I knew it wouldn't taste good, but I was planning on downing it just for the boost. And I didn't really expect the kids to drink much, but even a little would be so good for them.
Sela had made yummy pancakes and I plopped the smoothies on the table and mentioned how I thought it would be fun to make green colored smoothies.
Nina was the first to taste it and almost choked. "These look like poo and they taste like poo! YUCK!"
Sela concurred.
I taught them how to suck it down with a straw without really tasting it and suggested a friendly competition to see who could drink the most in one swallow.....totally not expecting them to do it.
Getting their competitive juices turned out to be a very good thing :)They drank every last bit. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT. I didn't drink half what they did, and it was not tasty. Little suckers!


5 comments:
only your children...
I wonder where they get their competitiveness from...
Good one, Mom! I think a little healthy competition is a good thing...and this was REALLY "healthy" competition!
Great job! I would love to try some kale if you have extra?
Hilarious!! Their faces tell the story. Sometimes I think licking a lawn mower blade might taste the same!! Definately oxygenates the blood, however. Good going!! I noticed Rollin wasn't in the mix!!
Post a Comment