Wednesday, August 26, 2009

More California Adventures

We spent the second half of the week with Zig. We stayed in Palo Alto the first two days and San Jose the last three. While Zig was working we stayed at the hotel and rested. I found a Whole Foods quickly and we just took it easy. Friday we went to the TellMe offices to see where Zig spends his time when in Mountain View. What a fun place! Such a different work climate than Microsoft. I'm too tired to describe it right now, but the kids really enjoyed seeing what Zig has been up to and meeting some of his co-workers. They were very impressed with the huge game room as well.

We stayed across the street from Stanford so we took the kids to see the campus one afternoon. We met friends for dinner the other two evenings and Evan's crazy schedule finally caught up with him. It's was rather exhausting trying to appease him for three hours or so. The other major stops were Half Moon Bay where the tide pools were incredible and Santa Cruz where we were all sucked into watching the surfing.


We spent Sunday in San Francisco and went to church there as well. Of course, we did lots of driving around looking at houses and neighborhoods which we always love to do no matter where we are. And we came home early Monday morning. It was very good to be back. We were excited to see all the new goodies in the garden and the kids ran straight to their treehouse. The neighbor kids were over in 6 minutes flat and we were back into our regular summer rhythmn. The only bummer is we have only a week left of summer. I'm seriously mourning the end summer.


Photobucket
Half Moon Bay



Photobucket
Seal Spotting

Photobucket
Tide Pools

Photobucket
Half a family photo

Photobucket
Relaxing with my Evie poo

Photobucket
Breakfast with my silly boy

Photobucket
Zig and Evan (in his cute little outfit from Darcie)


Photobucket
Rollin was fascinated by the Koi Pond

Photobucket
Sela was able to practice her swimming quite a bit (I was happy to do nothing other than sit by the pool!)
Photobucket
Heading to church
Photobucket
Evan was not very photogenic this weekend!

Photobucket
He loves to be held, and I was happy to just sit and chill this week. We're a good team.
Photobucket
Nina takes good care of Evan and LOVES to snuggle up to him.

6 comments:

Amber Marie said...

Ah, isn't california beautiful?? We should ALL move there :)

And Ashley, you are a smokin' mother of 4! I bet people stare at you and wonder if those 4 kids could really be all yours.

p.s. I love your tunics!

Dee Ann said...

Cute pictures, every one of them!!

Amber Marie said...

and when do we get to see pictures of the tree house??

the Geoff Davis said...

What fun, relaxing days in the Bay area. I'm glad you got to recover for a few days! Have you seen nienie's back to school feast? Adorable.

Trisha said...

Hooray, I was hoping you could visit Zig this summer. I bet he misses his cute little family alot. You are very brave!

Colleen said...

All your trip photos are so great. I am sure catching up with your old friends was amazing, what beautiful little girls they have! And Palo Alto is beautiful, I have family there and just love it!