Monday, August 10, 2009

All you need to know about Frenchies

Sela spent a week working on a project to teach us all about French Bulldogs. Just something she wanted to do. She spent lots of time researching on the computer, printing out images, cutting, and pasting. You can't see from the photos, but there are little pockets all over with information cards or "fun facts". There are lists. Questions. Pop-outs. She was so excited to share all her newly acquired knowledge with us!

Sela does this kind of stuff all the time. Every day it's a new idea. A new interest. A new stand or "business." And most often, a new animal (or potential pet) she is learning about or trying to draw. Watching her self-guided learning/creating, I can certainly see the magic in homeschool. I just don't think I'm up for it. Sometimes I really wish I were. Thank goodness for summer!

The front of the display.

Sela's captive audience


"Now, does anyone have questions?"

After a quiz to see how well we paid attention, we each left with one of these certificates.

And we all received our own French flags.

1 comment:

Dee Ann said...

Sela, your presentation really is pretty impressive. It should reap some kind of reward. If you can impress your Dad, good things could happen! Good luck!