My second Nikon bit the dust this week...I'm sure with a bit of help from at least one of the little people in our house. See, you try to nap, you lose a camera!
My camera won't take photos now, but I can see that some of the last shots are of nostrils, ceilings, dinosaurs, and toes. Hmmmm, wonder who had some fun?
And we had one of my favorite meals tonight...Halibut with Cilantro Carrot Broth with a side of coconut mango rice. The colors were so bright, and the flavor so light and fresh. I'll just have to fix the image in my head.
A tiny update on the kids:
Sela has a new interest...she has been teaching herself to make slide shows on Powerpoint. She already knows more than I do. Her first one was titled "Nina Serafin's life so far." She had lots of slides with photos and fun details based on the interview she had with Nina. She made one of her own life as well.
Sela has also been doing lots of work with her watercolors and is currently drawing birds, flamingos, and hummingbirds. She is really painting some beautiful stuff! She told me this week that she no longer wants to be a vet when she grows up, but an artist who has a basement where she can keep lots of rescue animals.
Nina is loving her gymnastics and the new friends she has made. Friends are big to Nina and she can never have enough playdates or social time. She spent the day with Zig alone on Saturday doing some errands in Seattle and was absolutely thrilled about the one-on-one time. They ended the day by getting chocolate sundaes and renting videos...the closest thing to heaven for Nina.
Rollin is convinced he is in charge and runs the show around here. He gets really confused when I remind him that I'm the parent, and then roars at me like the meanest dinosaur! He and Zig have tea together each evening while they sit at the table and chat. It's the cutest thing. Rollin always wants to taste Zig's to make sure it isn't better than his.
And there is a little update...hopefully this weekend will bring a new camera and I'll catch up on the photos...I can't have a baby without a camera!
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
4 comments:
I can hear Rollin roaring now! Too funny! I actually told Moriah yesterday that "I was the mommy." She still doesn't understand that...not much respect around here!
Isn't the power point thing amazing? D's made a few too. Pretty cool. When is your due date again? No baby untill you get the camara figured out. Don't want to miss those first amazing moments. Take care.
Oh boy, Ash!! I loved the detailed description of your little one's personalities!! Each so unique and individual. There is a God. How could the same parents have every child with a different personality. That's what makes life interesting. To sit back and watch them develop into their own person is such a joy!!
Sorry your camera broke! But I love the pictures the kids take when they have it. It's like catching a glimpse into their brains! It sounds like all the kids are doing amazing, wonderful things! What a fun family you are!
Post a Comment