I put Rollin to sleep very early one night this week. He repaid me by waking me a little before 5 am just as chipper as could be, and hungry. He only needed one snuggle he said, and he was ready to go. After I tried to stall by letting him call relatives in later time zones, I rolled out of bed.
I usually wake up by the first bit of light outside which is not 5am, yet. Fortunately I went to bed fairly early anticipating this possible scenario. We got a lot done together, Rollin and I. By the time the girls woke up, I had managed to do the following:
Get myself ready for the day :)
Made scones for friends.
Made 4 sack lunches (now we can have lunch at the park)
Made dinner and put it in the crock pot.
Did 2 loads of laundry
Put away everyone's full laundry baskets.
Dressed the kids and packed them up for their activities
Read the news
Cleaned the kitchen
Addressed thank you notes to be written during Rollin and Nina's gymnastics class.
Made breakfast and tried out Julia Child's method for scrambled eggs (reading her biography right now).
I might have to make this early rising a habit, though not quite this early.
spaghetti aglio e olio
2 days ago
8 comments:
I love productive mornings! Impressive with Rollin as a companion...
I LOVE the early morning as well but I'm bushed by 6 p.m. and totally unproductive then too.
I love your posts. I guess because I know and love your family. I can just hear Rollin say "I need a mooch"
Let's get together this week. I need to return your cookbook anyways.
yes, I have often pondered all the things I could get done if I were to get up earlier...your list may just help me actually do it!
Definately something to that early to bed, early to rise saying!! You got a whole days work done in a couple of uninterrupted hours! How did you feel by late afternoon. The key is to try and take a little power nap in the afternoon when Rollie Boo goes down!!
Nice! What a great way to start the day. Just tell the little guy to try 6am next time!
I felt exhausted by 5pm, that's the downside. I think I could adjust, but I've just started getting really poor quality sleep...tossing and turning a lot. I've given up on the afternoon nap, even though I desperately want one. It's like an invitation for chaos, pleadings for snacks, hurling dinosaurs at my head, etc.
It is amazing what I can accomplish when I get up early...unfortunately, that still doesn't make me want to do it!
Wow, were do you get that kind of energy? Do you have any good crockpot recipes?
Post a Comment