Saturday, March 7, 2009

Art Card Swap

Several weeks ago I signed the girls up to participate in an Artist Trading Card swap with other children their age. Most of the participants were from the U.S. but Sela and Nina also received cards from children in London, Canada, and Brazil.

Sela and Nina each made five trading cards and we were given the names and addresses of five children their age to send them to.

After they put their own cards in the mail, they were anxious to check the mailbox each afternoon. Nina received the first two cards. It's so fun to get personal mail, especially for a child! The cards are about 2X3 inches. Many of the children also sent little letters about themselves with their interests, pets, hobbies, and sometimes a photo which was fun.

The cards are still coming but here are a few of the ones the girls have received so far...

Sela working on her cards:
























This was the first card Sela made.



















Nina with cards from other 5 year olds
























My favorite so far..



















Sela's favorite from Verity, an 8 year old in London.

7 comments:

Dee Ann said...

What a fun activity which makes the world a lot smaller and happier!!

the Geoff Davis said...

How fun!

Erin said...

That is such a neat idea. Where did you hear about it? The art was really good too, wow! I loved Sela's duck one. Fun! I remember loving having little pen pals.

Matt, Kistine, and Alexa Uffens said...

That is an awesome idea! Those would make a cute montage in small frames on a kid's bedroom wall. The kid's animal nicknames were hallarious! You have a really cute blog Ashley!

Dee Ann said...

Kistine's idea of framing the art work would be neat and such a worthwhile memory as they tucked into bed each night!! Aside from the art, granny loves to see the kiddoes and I love Sela's top and Nina's angel kisses on her nose!!

Shenise said...

Very fun idea! Love it!

I wanted to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY today on your very special day. I hope all of your birthday wishes come true! Love you!

Colleen said...

What a cool swap! I can imagine the girls love it!