Monday, December 5, 2011

Bigger Fish

So much to catch up on here. Mom, Dad, and Zig left on Thursday and I spent the next 4 days flat on my back in bed sick with the flu. Family here for three weeks to help, but when do I get sick, hours after they leave. Can't a mom catch a break? Actually, I can't complain too much as this has been such a nice, relaxing vacation. Finally I am on the mend today and I wanted to get a few posts up before we hit the ground in Seattle and the hustle and bustle of the season hits me. There are few commercial signs of Christmas here so I haven't even thought much to shopping or decorating. I haven't purchased one Christmas gift or planned much of  anything. We'll see how that all plays out for me when I get home! I know where the Christmas music and Christmas books are so that will get us started! I predict lots of other things falling by the wayside this year, but that's okay.

Anyway, I wanted to post a few more fishing pictures since the evenings fishing at the reservoir were some of the most memorable for the kids, especially Rollin. We packed up the poles when Dad left, and Rollin made his own one with tape, fishing line, a hook, and a stick. He has caught the bug



The fish got progressively bigger as Dad started experimenting with different bait and line. The bigger fish were breaking the line at first but once that was fixed, the kids brought in some huge catfish.
And here is our friend, James, with his "slippery" catfish!

 Dad got Evan his own little pole.
 He always had a fish on!
Watching big brother closely.
 There were some beautiful sunsets over the pond.
 Everyday, something different.

I think this bonding with Poppy and the introduction to fishing will be one of Rollin's greatest childhood memories! Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

the Geoff Davis said...

I remember Ceci catching a shark with a little Barbie fishing pole in the San Juan Islands one year. Don't underestimate those small poles! Rollin is in boy heaven.