Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas was wonderful. Zig and I stayed up too late on Christmas Eve, along with many other parents I'm sure! The girls brought Spotty and Oreo in for the night and set out their little stockings feeling very confident that Santa would not forget the animals! The kids woke up early, but thankfully, not too early. We had Pan Au Chocolats, eggs and smoothies for breakfast after the kids opened their gifts. We had the ipads skyping with Texas and Poland at the same time, trying to include as many relatives as possible. We didn't take too many photos, but took video this year instead.

The kids most favorite gifts were:
Nina: Kanani American Girl Doll
Sela: Singing Equipment
Rollin: LEGOS and Pogo Stick
Evan: Springy Vintage Rocking Horse.

They loved other things they received, but these were the special gifts they had been wishing for! We went to church after breakfast. Zig's mom watched Evan which was a special treat for us. We were actually able to stay seated for the entire meeting. After we got home, I finished cooking some dishes for Christmas Dinner and headed to the Sharps to help Lisa get ready for dinner. We had fun in the kitchen. Chopping veggies is much more fun with friends! Several of Dave's siblings and their spouses came over which was really fun. Everyone pitched in. Dinner was wonderful. Lots of kids always makes for an energetic and festive evening. Sela led the kids who were willing in a talent show which was such a sweet and entertaining way to end the evening. I regret that I didn't get any pictures of the adults, but I did manage to snap some of the kids.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Rollin wanted to sing the chorus for "Angels we Have Heard on High," so Sela stepped in and tried to sing the rest even though she didn't know it well. It was pretty cute watching Rollin belt it out. Photobucket Photobucket Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yep, we have the same horse except ours has black hair! But watch out, Jude woke up with a sore neck two days ago and it took two days for his neck to return to normal!