Thursday, September 29, 2011

race day

I'm always a bit relieved when the cross country meet for the week is behind us. There is the whole knee thing...I cringe watching her run right now, but Sela is also a little ball of nerves and excitement on race days. She gets nervous because she feels people (herself included) expect her to win so anything short of 1st feels like falling short. I agree, it is certainly less stressful to be the underdog. Anyway, she pulled off another tight race this week with her close friend and super athlete, Morgan, at her heels.They really push each other and have made each other much stronger runners over the past few years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amber Marie said...

geez, sela's legs look so looong! having kids in sports sounds like such a fun time of childhood. can't wait :) GO SELA GO!!

and good luck with your budding thrill-seeker. i'm surprised with all the things rollin does you don't visit the ER more!

Dee Ann said...

Way to go Sela!

Colleen said...

Sela is so amazing! It's great to have a friend to work with!