Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Owen Beach and the Zoo

Photobucket

Visiting a zoo or aquarium when most other children are in school is pretty dreamy. We headed to Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium after the kids finished their work this morning. This zoo is fantastic. I can't believe we had never been before! I much prefer this zoo to Woodland Park Zoo, even though it's a bit further away. I bought a membership on the spot because I know we will be returning for the sharks alone!

Photobucket

Photobucket
There were no crowds, no preschool groups with a ratio of 20 kids to 1 teacher running wild, and just a few people here and there. We went to Owen Beach first and had a picnic. The kids had a great time exploring up and down the shoreline. What a gorgeous park! The sun was out and all I could think of all day was, I'm so happy to be homeschooling. I love my kids and it's a joy to learn (and play in the sun) alongside them!

Photobucket
Owen Beach

Photobucket

Photobucket
Evan was here

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
driftwood fun

Photobucket
Baby meercats.

Photobucket
Mount Rainier
Photobucket
Peacocks in the parking lot. No, Rollin is not riding one :)

Photobucket
This was the first time I attempted an outing requiring quite a bit of walking with no stroller for Evan. He  hates to be confined so I end up chasing him while pushing the stroller so I decided to bag the wheels. He was a little trooper, but was pretty tuckered out at the end of the afternoon.

4 comments:

Dee Ann said...

Darling, you will not want to turn back. What a neat opportunity to enjoy your children and learning hands on!! As you inspire the love of learning the possibilities are limitless!! Looks fun!

the Geoff Davis said...

Nothing enlivens all the senses more than a day at the beach. Looks like an awesome day.

Colleen said...

You are one incredible mom, Ashley! What a great day, and I agree, a GREAT zoo!

Erin said...

Ahh!!!!