Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Early Fall

We swapped the flip flops for boots this week. The weather is changing ever so slightly. We all look forward to fall, but it's usually because we've had enough summer and heat to welcome the cooler weather. While I love the crisp fall air and the beautiful changing of the colors, I'm not quite through with summer. I could use a few dozen more warm, sunny days. It's doubtful that will be happening so we're looking on the bright side and enjoying all the beauty of this gorgeous season.

Photobucket
The last of the tiny poppies we enjoyed all summer long.

Photobucket
Leaves are beginning to change.

Photobucket
Fall flowers are appearing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our favorite warty pumpkins are ripening.

Photobucket
Grapes are coming along.

Photobucket
Ornamental Apples

Photobucket
And some tasty ones too.

Photobucket
Abundant Quince

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Ooh! Fall is so tantalizing in your pictures! I sure love those warty pumpkins!

Dee Ann said...

I don't know why but fall is making me melancholy. It is nice to have more fruit for the coming cold months!