I love having a meal plan for the week. Even if we deviate a bit, I have a plan and this makes our evenings more enjoyable less stressful. I also notice we eat dinner on time more often because I can prep little parts throughout the day when I have 5 minutes here or there.
Sunday: Potato-Leek Frittata, Panzanella, Cantaloupe
Monday: Lettuce Wraps
Tuesday: Asian Noodle Salad with Pan-Fried Tofu
Wednesday:Lentil Walnut Burgers w/ Sesame Carrot Salad
THursday: Tomato Soup w/ white cheddar melts, spinach salad
Friday: Fish Tacos
Saturday: Purple Chop Salad
On a slightly different note, we watched Forks Over Knives last night for our Sunday night documentary and it's given me a lot to think about. We don't eat much meat, but I may keep a closer eye on the dairy now. It's a thought provoking film worth watching. Especially if you need a pep talk to get back on the veggie train!
Butternut Squash Soup with Red Lentils
1 day ago
3 comments:
hey ashley, love your meal plan. this documentary is by the same person i had facebooked you about previously ... dr. campbell. he also wrote the china study. it really is thought provoking. i haven't watched the documentary yet, just the trailer, but i'll probably try and sit down soon and watch it.
Yes, Anne Marie! I totally thought of you when I saw the movie. I think it's pretty hard to go 100% vegan, but I love the research and the idea that it's never to late to make changes and cut way back on animal products! We eat mostly vegetarian meals already, but there is certainly room for improvement. Let me know what you think of the film.
you are my idol. I want to homeschool my kids, grow elaborate food gardens, cook delicious meals, and be in Kauai in the winter :) In fact, we plan to move there in a year! I want to to get together! Facebook me or something :) Holden and Evan would love to play
Post a Comment