Monday, May 31, 2010

what? rain in seattle? on a holiday weekend?!

Our plan for this weekend was a last minute trip to one of the San Juan Islands, but the forecast for what seemed like most of Washington was pretty soggy for the entire long weekend, so we decided to stay home. This turned out to be a good thing because I wasn't feeling great part of the time. We watched movies together, made pizza, worked in the garden, went out to dinner at Lola in Seattle, and the rest of the time the kids were so happy to just play, and not get in the car. There was rain, but the temperatures were still warm so they were able to play outside. They pretended to be a family of monkeys and used the ropes under the treehouse for vines. Then they built tunnels and sand castles in the sandpit. Sela decided to make a scarecrow for the garden. Zig put drip lines in our pumpkin patch and I did some cooking and organizing. I felt sick to my stomach all day saturday and stayed in bed. Today I couldn't move my neck when I woke up so I had to get the earliest appointment for a massage that I could find. I've never had a massage for pain, only relaxation, and I definitely prefer the relaxation kind, but this one helped tremendously even though it hurt because I was so sore. I'm not 100%, but much improved. I'm pretty certain part of healing is not picking up Evan all the time, but we all know that won't be happening. Now we're onto another busy week of field trips, projects, meetings, birthdays and other good stuff that I can't wait to be through with :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Erin said...

Sorry about the rain, you are a good sport! And sorry about your neck, as you know I was in the same boat that day! Weird, huh?!

I am going to try the carrot soup this week. It has turned hot here but I will crank up our A/C so we can enjoy it!

Colleen said...

Sometimes a weekend at home is just as nice as a fun weekend away! Your kids look so happy. I hope you recover quickly. It's hard being sick with life to live! :) I always get odd kinks for the first 18 mos of my babies' lives because of their hugeness! But I agree, there's just not a lot you can do about it when your baby is begging to be held!