I debated having a bunch of friends over to celebrate his birthday, but at the end opted for just our little family. And it was wonderful. We took turns going around the table saying the things we love about Evan and everyone kept wanting another turn and another turn. So much to love. One of the things everyone loves is the way Evan starts bobbing his head everytime we turn the music on in the kitchen. Sometimes he gets going so much I'm afraid he might pull something. But I guess that doesn't happen to babies, thankfully!
For dinner we had a new soup recipe I tried several weeks ago that I remember Evan loving...Sengalese Peanut Soup. It's incredible and I will post the recipe this week. Evan ate so much I was afraid he might not be interested in cake. Sela helped make his little cake. We made a Tropical Carrot Cake. Oh man. Let's not kid ourselves, what could possibly be better than a spicy carrot cake with coconut, pineapple, macadamia nuts and ginger?! We put little pieces of champagne mangoes all around Evan's cake...he loves mangos just like his mama. I had to wrap the leftover cake up fast after Zig and I ate ours or we would have both eaten ourselves into a sugar coma!
There are way too many pictures, but I wanted to include a bunch for the grandmas so they can feel like they were almost here.
Happy 1st Birthday, Evan! Sweet baby, you are so dear to us.

a quick shot on the way out the door for church

wow, this sure looks like A LOT of children!


Such a happy day!

Sengalese Peanut Soup..that's kale and sweet potatoes in there. yum.

hmm, what the heck is this?


Evan ate lots of the mangos, a bit of frosting and then started a game of throwing the cake on the floor.

oh boy do these girls love their baby brother!

smoochies..I can never have enough!


all done.

lucky dog
4 comments:
Happy Birthday cute boy! He already looks a little bit different, really! Fun birthday :)
Loved the head swing!!! Little Evan can't be "one" already. I remember this time last year and his special birth and then it was life as usual around the Serafin home! It was nice to get to know Evan a little better while you all were here. It's hard being so far away. Thank goodness for the blog!! Keep those pics coming!!
Cute little Evan looks like he has a red tint to his hair! Your kids look so healthy and happy...and nice to have a rare glimpse of Zig!
Darling boy! You are definitely so loved! Happy birthday Evan!
Post a Comment