There are just not enough hours in the day right now so my blogging last week consisted of an ice cream photo. Ha! Sorry Mom and Tina, I know you'd rather see Evan. It was good ice cream though.
Anyway, the kids and Zig did honor my request of not cooking on Mother's Day, and we had a wonderful sunny weekend with lots of togetherness. I did not even think of getting out of bed until I could smell something cooking on Sunday morning :) They were each so proud of their efforts and the brunch (they were trying to get away with 2 meals :) was delicious. Sela even found a recipe for pancakes and printed it off of 101 cookbooks. That's my girl! They won't tell me what they substituted for buttermilk and I'm still a little perplexed about that.
This year the gifts from school were all handwritten poems and notes and I loved them. I'm sure when Sela, Nina, Rollin, and Evan are grown and out of the house (although Rollin has promised to live with me forever), their sweet words and sentiments will bring me to tears again and again as I look back on this time in our lives.
I love being a mother to these four amazing little people with all of my heart. I don't need a holiday or recognition, although it's nice and fun. The reward is in the life we live and I'm so incredibly grateful for each day I have with my children. It's a remarkable journey filled with moments of indescribable joy, and I couldn't ask for more.

We started the "no cooking" part of Mother's Day off on Saturday night with a bike ride. We rode our bikes to Bothell to this wonderful Thai restaurant. We almost ran out of time and drove, but we ended up timing it just right. We had such a blast riding our bikes...Rollin was doing wheelies and waving at everyone he passed. Evan was happy in his apartment on wheels being pulled by Zig. Nina and I rode side by side and talked about all sorts of things...like what kinds of desserts might be at the restaurant. And Sela led the way. It was probably one of the best nights we've ever had as a family. Everyone was happy, the weather was perfect, the food was fantastic, and the the last bit of sun was gone just as we arrived back at the park where we had started. We played with the kids at the park in the dark and then went home and crashed. We had lots of fresh air, full tummies, and plenty of good laughs.





The things we do to get a laugh out of our kids!
5 comments:
That must be the picture of Zig that you were talking about...He kills me! I am laughing as I type :)
What a wonderful Mother's day!!! You know mine, Ha! Bless his heart!
What a perfect day! I'm impressed with what Zig and the kids whipped up for breakfast. That picture of Zig in the handicapped swing is awesome. If you are rarely going to include him in the blog...make it good!
Sounds like you had a wonderful mother's day. That breakfast looks yummy. You definitely deserve it!
That last picture of Zig is priceless!
Erin just brought it to my attention that it might look like Zig was acting handicapped or making fun which would be awful if that were the case.... we didn't even realize this was a handicapped swing. He was just trying to act scared on a swing one foot off the ground to make the kids laugh.
What a sweet family you have! They are so lucky to have you as a mama, and I as a friend!
Post a Comment