
I order a Green Papaya Salad everytime we eat at a Thai restaurant and I always eat every last bite. I LOVE this salad. I tried to re-create this dish once before and it was a miserable failure, but this time I found a loose recipe to follow, and with some tweaking it turned out very pretty close to the salad I love. The trick is finding an unripe green papaya. The one I found could have been crunchier and greener (less ripe), but it's all they had at PCC so I went ahead.

Here is the recipe I used from Mark Bittman's Kitchen Express:
Cook a dozen or so shrimp in oil. Meanwhile, combine a tablespoon of brown sugar, juice of a lime, garlic clove, a tablespoon of fish or soy sauce, one half teaspoon chile flakes and some peeled ginger in a blender or food processor and puree. Grate a peeled and seeded green papaya (not one the size of a football) and two carrots. Toss with shrimp (I used baby shrimp), sliced fresh tomatoes and dressing. Season to taste, and top with chopped peanuts. Yum!
3 comments:
the sun came out today, darc :)
I have some tooo ripe papaya's in my frig but I may play with them a bit and see what comes up with the flavors!! You and Erin and your recipes make my mouth water!! Especially since I am drinking my green drink and a lot of water these days trying to keep alkaline and I feel too good to express in words!! Am going to keep up the veggies and cut back on the fruit and a lot of exercising to boot!!
Post a Comment