Nina and Rollin are really playing so well together. Several days this week, they kept each other entertained for 4-5 hours, mostly outside. I try not to interrupt them because they really get into their own little world. I love the days when we have that luxury of not having to be anywhere. Wish we had more, but they're coming.


I was shocked when instead of fighting over the one towel in their bathroom, they came up with this compromise all on their own after getting out of the bathtub!

Kona is still taking his job of chicken protector very seriously. He had another opossum under arrest on the fence this week. It's quite the stand-off and great entertainment during breakfast.



Evan is trying so hard to walk. He has taken several steps and the best thing about it is how excited the other three are. It's like a pep rally every time he makes another attempt. He is used to getting applause so he claps for himself every time. He is also determined to play in the dirt every single day and ruin all his clothes. There might be a lot of diaper pictures this summer!







Sela has been running track. She won two first place ribbons in relay and 440.

Rollin entertaining himself during the track meet.

I've spent lots of time going through my recipes preparing for a cooking class. Aside from creating the menu for the class, I found lots of old favorites to revisit. We've been having soup weather, unfortunately, but the Wild Rice Cherry Soup recipe from Lisa brought a little sunshine to our table. I actually thought the kids would be lukewarm on this one because of the textures and some new flavors, but boy wasI wrong. Everyone cleaned their bowls and Zig said it was his favorite soup ever.
Wild Rice Cherry Soup

Lemon Chicken Salad

Lisa and I have been walking with Rollin, Evan and Sofie on Thursday mornings. We meet around 9, walk along the trail, stop by Hillcrest Bakery, head to the park, feed the ducks, and head back to where we started and to play at the other park. We stop lots along the way to rescue snails and worms and, of course, for snacks. We get back around noon. Rollin rides his bike so he keeps us walking fast. I look forward to this time so much each week for the sunshine (sometimes) and the hours of visiting with Lisa.

And this post is getting too long. I haven't really even mentioned what we've been up to. But it's a start.
5 comments:
You know me, looovvve the long posts and the possibility of more upcoming!!! Both Evan and Naomi are really wanting to take off walking!! Could it be that this time last year they were just entering this world?
sounds so lovely! you'll have to start posting recipes again. we need to start eating better again and ryan always loves your food!
Good luck Evan on getting those blueberries from Rollin!! Way to go Sela - you still got it girl!!
It does look very lovely and colorful. We'll be trying it out this week. Enjoy your weekend :)
What a lot you have going on! So fun to see all the little kid's going-ons. I love the picture of you encouraging little Evan to take some steps. Precious...look at the trust in his expression, and the pure joy in yours. What an amazing mother/woman you are, Ash...in so many ways.
Post a Comment