Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fall is lovely

I just looked at the forecast for next week and it's thoroughly depressing. We've had some incredible weather over the past month and this time of year the natural beauty around here is truly breathtaking. I'm going to focus on the positive and pretend there aren't five days of drizzle headed our way. Here are some of the things we've been enjoying about autumn.

Photobucket
This Japanese Maple sits right by the front gate...my favorite colors all in one tree.
Photobucket
A few of the gourds, squash, and pumpkins the kids grew became a centerpiece for our table.
Photobucket
Japanese Maples are positively my favorite trees.
Photobucket
Sela and Nina harvested the pumpkins this weekend.
Photobucket
I went to a cooking class last week and my friend Britney made this wonderful pesto without cheese or nuts....just fresh parsley, oregano, olive oil, garlic and salt. I've made it twice since then with the herbs from my garden. AMAZING!
Photobucket
The slow cooker is a permanent fixture on the counter. We had white bean hominy soup today. Zig adorned his with some fresh tomatillos from the garden.
Photobucket
Our anniversary is this month. It's been 10 years :) 4 moves. 4 kids. Not enough sleep. Tons of fun and many wonderful memories.
Photobucket
We've had some absolutely perfect weather this week. Sunny and cool. Evan took a nap in the garden.
Photobucket
I'm on a navy kick right now and I love this dress I found for Nina....Mom, I think I need one in my size...care to dust off the old sewing machine??

Photobucket
We like to pretend Evan can sit up.
Photobucket
This has nothing to do with fall, but I needed a picture of Rollin. He's still my little huggie bear!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

The Japanese Maple trees are AMAZING! I am so glad you guys have had a chance to enjoy the fall. Your pictures make it seem like such a perfect time of year! Happy late anniversary! You are lookin' hot, mama!

Dee Ann said...

I loved seeing the picture of you and Zig together. Happy, healthy and lookin in love!! These years are the most time taxing but the most fun, joyful and entertaining. I still miss the days of activities and watching you kiddoes perform. Life passes too quickly so savor every ittle moment. I am so glad you girls are blogging and keeping a picture journal. It is priceless and will grow more valuable as times goes on.

Amber Marie said...

I almost didn't look when I saw the post title. Fall is such a sad time these days. I so wish we had fall anything (leaves, weather) here!! Gorgeous pictures. You have some great clothes these days, love the outfit you are wearing with Zig- and cute picture of you two :) Any maternity stuff you never want to see again?? ;)

Susan said...

Fall is looking BEAUTIFUL over there! Care to send some down this way? Those pumpkins look great girls!