Sunday, October 25, 2009

Great Pumpkin Run

The Great Pumpkin Race was on Wednesday. This is a big race that involves all of the elementary schools in the district. The cross country meets were against three schools at a time, and we only competed against the ones close-by. This meet was all schools in the district and had a huge turnout. The winners get pumpkins decorated by the high school cross country team. It was exciting because Nina was able to race too. She was excited and nervous but she did awesome! She came in third in the 400 meter for Kindergarten.

Photobucket
Kindergarten line-up
Photobucket
Nina nearing the finish-line.
Photobucket
Results!
Photobucket
3rd Grade Line-up
Photobucket
You can see Sela in the pink shirt chasing the girl in the black sweatshirt. When I saw that girl run across the field in the warm-up, I knew Sela had stiff competition, which is good for her.

Photobucket
Sela ran hard and came in 3rd which she was thrilled about.
Photobucket
Pumpkin Trophies and Rollin's gatorade trophy for only getting lost three times.
Photobucket
Winner's podium. There were so many people I couldn't even get close.
Photobucket
And here is Nina's "special and nice friend" Mason. He is in her class at school and she sent him a little note last week with a sucker taped to it. She spent about at least an hour on it. It was a drawing of a dinosaur and said "You're so nice." Mason also got third for the boys kindergarten race so I just had to get a picture.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

so fun! i wish our grade schools had track. what a great opportunity for your girls.

Dee Ann said...

Way to go Ninners!! You and Sela and running machines!! I am happy for you both. Great rewards - pumpkins!!

the Geoff Davis said...

What a fun event! The girls look so fresh with their rosy cheeks and well-earned smiles. The joy of running....I remember when my body did that...