Every day for the past six months, Nina has made her bed before leaving her room in the morning. She hasn't missed even one day. One evening before tucking her in, I told her she didn't need to make the bed in the morning because I was going to be washing her sheets. She looked at me and said "I just have to, Mom. It's my habit."
And she doesn't just throw it together, oh no. She is very proud of her "no bumps" method. The bed looks perfect, just like I would make it.
Now Nina is also very particular about how she positions the covers at night when she gets into bed. She is careful to keep them pretty much tucked in so her job is easy in the morning. The babysitter got in trouble one night when she pulled her covers back a little too much ;)
Another part of her morning routine is getting dressed before coming to breakfast. Nina is also a pro at this one...always laying out her clothing for the following day the night before. And she has a trick to make this morning task quicker as well. She discovered she could do without the nightgown and instead use her pink blankie to cuddle up in. This way she is able to avoid putting away pajamas in the morning. We'll see how she does in the winter with this one!

Nina's great example has even rubbed off on Sela lately and most days both beds are now made without any nagging from Mom. This I love.

4 comments:
I love Nina's efficient shortcuts.
Nina's little kingdom has order! Shouldn't ours also?! Thanks, Nina, for being such a good, and I might add ingenius, example of creating beneficial habits!!
I also think you will make a great fashion designer!! Your outfit is sooo adorable and, of course, your sweet smile makes the outfit. Granny also loved the picture of you sleeping. You are such a sensitive spirit and look like the angel that you are!! I miss you and look forward to being with you again real soon!!
Great job Niners! What a gorgeous young girl she is becoming, so not the little baby I still sometime think of her as :) Making the bed without bumps sounds like an Uncle Ryan trait!!
Post a Comment