I hear that sentiment quite often, especially when I have a new baby. And of course it's so true. And wow, I am already feeling the panic with Evan. It's like I can't slow the time down no matter how hard I try to take it easy and stay home and scale back. It's quite unreal to me that he is almost five weeks old. I feel like I woke up on May 2nd and all of the sudden it's June. It's like a blur, or a dream, I'm not sure. But my baby is growing every day and is chubby and strong and very alert as of a few days ago. He is sleeping more at night. Each day gets better on the sleep front. I love, love, love having him right beside me at night. He purrs and makes all kinds of noises that let me know all is well. And he smells so yummy I just can't get enough.
We had a good week. One hard day....some tears were shed...and it wasn't just the kids this time. But we all need a good cry now and then. It's theraputic and it makes the kids feel really bad when they realize they pushed mom to the brink. Just kidding! Things always look up after a hard day and we had three really good days full of friends and sun. Ketsy and Rune visited us on Monday and we went to Farrel-McWhirter and the kids played in the little stream for a couple of hours while pretending to be pirates, fairies, and explorers. We pushed our luck a little too far by trying to take them to PCC for lunch. At least my little Rollin was spent by that time. The day flew by and we were sad to see them go. Ketsy left us with some gorgeous flowers, a wonderful salad and watermelon which we very much enjoyed.
Lilian and her little girls came by on Tuesday and the kids played outside for awhile. She brought the yummiest morrocan meal. Oh my!!! When I get the whole recipe, I will definitely post it. It was just soooo good, fresh, and healthy! And she taught me how to use a Moby wrap. How is it possible I had three children and never tried this wrap. It's heaven.
We also had a visit from Lisa and Wendy on Wednesday after their run. I'm always happy to see them!! And Evan crashed in both of their arms. We ate lunch and enjoyed some yummy apple cake courtesy of Wendy. I was motivated by these two pinnacles of fitness to hit the pavement again myself and I did my first run with Evan on Thursday while Nina and Rollin were at gymnastics. Let's just say it was humbling. In so many ways.
I'm having some difficulty with editing and moving the photos around. Zig put some extreme filters on my computer after Sela stumbled on an inappropriate photo (mild) while searching for photos of french bulldogs. We know that Zig is all or nothing, so as you can imagine, there are about two approved websites that will load right now and it has really slowed my computer down. We'll make some adjustments this weekend but for now I just dumped some pictures, mostly of Evan, to keep the grandmas happy. It is you two that keep me going on this blog!
Evan with a few of our bazillion stuffed toys. They multiply at night, I'm certain.Ahhh, everything is right in the world when this little guy is snoring and purring like a little kitty.









3 comments:
Little Evan is so adorable. He is really putting on weight and becoming his own little person. The pictures of him with Sela and Nina are so sweet. I loved seeing all of them. I like the wrap you put him in - he probably feels like he is still in the womb!! The one pic of little Evan on the couch on his back in front of the colorful pillow is precious.
You have had a busy week! Glad we could be a part of it. Get some rest and we will hook up when we come back from AZ.
holy cow you have a lot of visitors! evan is such a sweet looking baby- he really resembles camilla's baby pictures at that age. I'm glad to hear you are sleeping more, always a good thing!
Post a Comment