Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Reporting on Early Settlements

I snuck away from little Evan for the first time last week to see Sela give her report on pioneer settlements in class. He didn't notice my absence and slept the whole time, thankfully.

It's always fun to visit the classroom and see the kids in action. Sela and Jasmine talked about life as a new settler and how things have changed over the years. Sela talked about modern times and all the comforts we enjoy compared to the first settlers. She said she was really nervous, but she did a great job and her jitters certainly didn't show. I enjoyed watching all of the kids present their reports....what a fun age group! Sela has been fortunate this year to have a terrific class and fabulous teacher. We are dying for summer break, but it's been a very good year. Mrs. Brown is a gem...calm and patient and kind. I know Sela will miss Mrs. Brown, but that girl is so ready for summer, I suspect there will be no looking back come next week! Bring on summer already. I think I already said that.

The lovely Mrs. Brown
Sela presenting
Sela and Mali
Sela and Jasmine

No comments: