Lisa made us some incredibly yummy muffins when Evan was born. I devoured them. I made a batch today and I am trying so hard to exercise a bit of restraint so they will last at least one more day. It's not easy. Here is her recipe:
Ginger Rhubarb Muffins
1 1/4 Cup flour
1 Cup wheat flour
(If using pastry flour (above)cut back on soda and powder slightly)
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 (scant) fresh ginger grated
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/4 C brown sugar
1 Cup plain yogurt (I like greek)
1/2 Cup buttermilk
1/3 Cup oil
1 egg
1 1/2 Cups fresh rhubarb (diced) I chopped mine pretty well
1/2 Macadamia nuts, chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
In large bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt and grated ginger
In separate bowl, whisk together the sugar, yogurt, buttermilk, oil and egg. Stir in the rhubarb and then the flour mixture. Don't over mix.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Top with chopped nuts. Bake about 12-15 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.
Adapted from the Woods House Bed & Breakfast
No comments:
Post a Comment