Last night I caved to a sleepover with our neighbors, Emma and Sophia. We pulled the two huge love sacs into my room, inflated the full size airbed, and threw in every other bean bag we had to pretty much cover the entire room in fluff. There was also our king bed in there. The girls had a total blast telling stories and jumping around before finally falling asleep.
Zig and I stayed up way too late hanging pictures, mirrors and two chandeliers. When I heard the pitter patter of little feet this morning at 6am, I wasn't feeling too refreshed. After breakfast, the kids headed outside for some more snow fun...this time building snowmen and then trying to knock the heads off by throwing snowballs at them.
I ran to Seattle on a whim today because a pillow I bought for the couch was snagged and I wanted to exchange it in case they sold out over the next week while we're away. Then I saw that lots of the Christmas trim type stuff I had bought at Anthropologie was now 75 percent off. BUMMER! Since it was only a week ago, the salesperson gave me a price adjustment on everything. I was so, so happy, and the pillows for my couch were even on sale so they adjusted them as well. I never luck out in the deal department so I was finally feeling the love today.
Tonight Zig loaded up the kids to deliver goodies to our neighbors. We had a baking day on Tuesday and made fudge with walnuts and gray salt, peppermint bark chocolate cookies (whole wheat, super delish and a 101 cookbooks recipe), and molasses crinkles. We also gave all the neighbors fresh eggs. We are now getting all the colors.... brown, creamy white, green, blue, and speckled. They make a lovely dozen!
Since this is my last post before our trip, Merry Christmas everyone!
3 comments:
Can't wait to see you all! Merry Christmas! Could you please bring some snow our way?
Such fun and SO yummy! And what great luck that Anthropologie gave you the discounts after the fact. So nice! I am sure you are having a wonderful time down in Texas right now!
Is that Santa and his sleigh with elfs and all!?
Post a Comment