Sela's choir concert was very fun. They sang some Christmas classics like Silent Night and some lively Hanukkah songs that made you want to get up and dance. Then they ended with a couple fun ones like "12 dogs of Christmas."
As in years past, Zig put up the tree and along with the kids, decorated it beautifully. I was not feeling well. Usually I'm good for one activity, which was the choir concert, so I spent the rest of the evening lying down. But I had a little fun of my own. I had ordered a bunch of books for Christmas which arrived earlier in the week, so I had a great time secretly reading through all of them while the children were occupied. Some are books for reading before Christmas and the rest are gifts for the kids. I'm very excited to share them. Something I discovered early in parenting is that I love to read to my kids if, and that's a big if, they are well-written and/or beautifully illustrated. I especially love books from earlier times about the simple life and simple pleasures. I love books about the wonders of nature and I enjoy ones with a moral or with sweet and wholesome family interactions. There are some books I just cringe when they pull out, anything movie related for sure! The absolute worst ones are the Disney books written after the movie. Ugh, what drudgery those things are. And how did we get so many of those?! I always say, "Dad will read that one!" Right now one of the books we are reading "The Tale of Despereaux" and I look forward to it as much as the kids.
6 comments:
Ash! I've missed reading your mothering ideas! I love the advent focus. What a great mom you are! Hope you are happy with the paint and new furniture! Miss you! Tell the kids hello!
Sounds like a nice evening. We will hopefully be decorating our tree tomorrow. I'm excited to see what Camilla's reaction will be:)
p.s. camilla and I are eating organic red apples from washington- do they have apples during the winter??? anyway, they are really yummy! :)
We are loving a book right now called "Pete & Pickles". What are some of your other favorites?
Sela has some cute little girl friends and to think you were worried about the move and her new school. She seems to love it and that is great. Nina is our shinning star and Rollin looks very serious about this decorating tree event!! Glad you got a moment to rest while Zig did the honors of decorating the tree with the kiddoes - way to go Zig!!! Looks good to me!!
You don't sound very good. Hope you start feeling better soon. If I could I would...be there in a heart beat to help you.
love ya!
Post a Comment