Monday, December 8, 2008

Birthday Treats

Sela's birthday is tomorrow and she is very excited to bring treats to her class. She chose good ole' chocolate chip cookies. Whew. I didn't fight her on it because I need simple this week! If it's special enough for her, then it's fine. However, the funny thing was her roundabout way of asking for the icky sweet version.

She said "Mom, I think it would be better if I brought the whitish, flattish kind with no nuts. That's the kind of food the kids in my class like."

"I don't think they like those uh, bumpy... "

"Oats?" I ask.

"Yes, I don't think they like oats."

"Okay, I can do that, honey! I know how to make the regular kind."

"But I like those cookies you make mom, it's just the school kids are kinda picky."



















Nina will be forever grateful as she thoroughly enjoyed sampling this new kind of cookie dough!

5 comments:

Amber Marie said...

That is hilarious. I love how Sela makes sure to let you know that she does love your kind too. such a sweetheart! I could use some of those "special" cookies too :)

Dee Ann said...

Hilarious!!!

Shenise said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little Sela! Wow! Eight years old and such a doll to give reassurance to her mama about her cookies! I was thinking about Sela the other night when we were reading in Psalms...except it is with an h on the end. What a special girl!

Erin said...

mmmm, my favorite! I can't believe you have an eight year old. I remember when that little thing came out. :( Time sure goes by quickly.

Colleen said...

So cute! She obviously wanted to protect your feelings. What a sweetie.