Saturday, December 6, 2008

My big baby boy





























I don't know if Rollin is preparing me to be thrilled about another baby boy, which is what everyone is predicting, but he is just so darn adorable these days. I was just telling Zig last night how much joy that little guy brings me. I just love him to pieces. I can barely go an hour without wanting to give him a big squeeze, and he never seems to mind. He is all boy and wants nothing more than to be like his daddy, but he is mommy's little cuddle bug. I am his soft place to land when he is sad or tired or needing some extra loves. He is so happy and fun and says the sweetest things to me all day long. He has his moments but they can almost always be attributed to being tired or frustrated.

This week Mrs. Judy did a mother's day out babysitting day where she watched a group of kids from 9-3. She was very nice to take Rollin as he is younger than the preschoolers, but you would have thought he was going to Disneyland! He could not wait! I totally enjoyed the time and need about 8 more "mother's day outs" this season to even hope to catch up on stuff, but I really missed the little guy! We have been virtually inseparable for the past three years. There are so many things I love about him, but these are just a few:

I love how he is always willing to give mama "a mooch!" He can be totally engaged in an activity and yet he will almost always stop and give me one of his very enthusiastic mooches.

I love to crawl into bed next to his warm cuddly body and hold his chubby little feet in my hands. I'll often stop by for a cuddle with him on the way to my bed. And lately with all the painting and moving of furniture, we've been all sharing the king bed (minus Zig, he's not that brave!).

I love how much he loves his Dad and tries to follow him. He loves tools, the real thing, and is a hard little worker.

I love how he says "nice to meet you" to strangers at the grocery store and when people ask him "how are you doing?" he always replies "I'm good."

I love the gusto in his voice and his every move.

I love how he adores his sisters and prays for them every day.

I love that he finally, finally, stopped the maddening habit of praying over anyone else who is praying. This has been the source of many tears at the dinner table the past year, especially for Nina. For months, as soon as Nina would begin her prayer, he would begin his own, only louder. Usually the ritual ends with them both in tears.
But now, thankfully, he has some impulse control at the table and will allow others to pray...alone.

And I love his smile. All those little baby teeth grinning from ear to ear and his sparkly little eyes can literally light up a room, not to mention capture his mama's heart time and time again.

6 comments:

Amber Marie said...

So sweet! wow, I cannot believe how old Rollin looks in that picture. What a sweetie. I love holding Camilla's feet too :)

Dee Ann said...

Sounds like Mama is getting reminescent/tender about her Rollin as another one is soon to be and then Rollin really will seem all grown up. Time just goes by too fast. The little foursome are changing daily!!

Dee Ann said...

That picture of Rollin is so cute. He is all boy!!!

Colleen said...

I love boys! Rollin sounds like a wonderful little man.

Erin said...

Boys are definitely not what I thought they would be, at least Jude anyway. I will be quite content and happy if the rest of mine are boys.

Rollin is a cutie!

Susan said...

oh I love that last picture! He's going to be a knock out when he grows older, along with the rest of your little ones!