Saturday, October 11, 2008

Seeing Orange

We had some perfect fall weather this weekend making conditions just right for a pumpkin patch outing. We ventured over to Serres Farm in Sammamish and the kids spent a couple of hours choosing pumpkins, running through the corn maze, finding gourds and picking sunflowers. There were lots and lots of families out enjoying themselves and it was such a nice thing to observe. I loved how Sela and Nina both combed almost the entire property (several acres) before picking their pumpkins. I always look for the Cinderella pumpkins or really oddly shaped ones but the girls stick to the traditional pumpkins, perfect for carving. Sela's was huge and I could barely get it in the wheel barrow. It was a great afternoon...the only drawback is I can't kick this sickness I've had all week and when we finally made it home I felt completely exhausted. I slept 14 hours last night trying to shake this thing and I'm off to do the same thing tonight.









7 comments:

the Geoff Davis said...

Oh, a pumpkin patch! I don't miss the super-sized Halloween stores, or plastic pumpkins, or mountains of candy, but I DO miss pumpkins!!! I saw my first pumpkin in the market (one of them) and the man was selling it slice by slice (between ribs) so it wasn't even whole! Then again, even if I found one I'm not sure I want to carry it down all of our stairs anyway! So this year we'll live our fall through you!

Shenise said...

Love the Fall. A wonderful time of year...lots of fun anticipation of the upcoming holidays! The kids are darling and I love the hats! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Not fun to be under the weather when the weather is still fun.

Erin M said...

Love all the orange! You should have taken a family shot...so well coordinated, love it!
We hit the pumpkin patch a couple of weeks ago...and our squirrels have been feasting on them!:( We are going to have to go back for more and keep them INSIDE!

Amber Marie said...

oh how I long to go to a pumpkin patch in cool weather! looks like tons of fun. I think we are suppose to hit a pumpkin patch this week, a fun time of year for sure.

Dee Ann said...

I am with John on the family picture idea. Put those outfits on again and dress Zig up as the King Pumpkin. He can go from Motorcycle mania kinda guy to King of the Pumpkin patch. What a fun Dad!!! The kiddoes will have fun memories for life of a really COOL Dad!!

Erin said...

I wrote that comment! I'll have to get John to start commenting!

the Geoff Davis said...

You are all adorable - as always. Hope you feel better!
- Geoff