Zig and I (mostly Zig) got a lot done in the yard and it's really beautiful right now with all the changing colors. I cut back a lot of the plants and shrubs for winter and alternated my work with naps in the hammock. Zig never stopped, of course, and was busy hauling loads and loads of leaves and other yard waste to the compost pile. This is his "yoga" he says. I came to appreciate the ATV as more than Zig's big toy. It makes the work so much easier and fun. We were able to haul so much in such a short amount of time because there was no tarp and dragging piles across five acres. We just loaded the piles up and drove to the next one. I took the kids on rides all over the property in the new trailer Zig bought a couple of weeks ago. After scoffing at this surprise purchase for several months, I must say, not only is it incredibly useful, it's a whole lot of fun!
Mostly it was just good to be home, to be working together, and to feel the satisfaction of a much better looking yard at the end of the day. I figure it's more lasting than the satisfaction I feel after cleaning the house, because the little ones can't tear up the yard near as fast as they do every single inch of the house. Everyone got a good long bath tonight and the before Sunday "treatment" and all collapsed into bed, Zig being first. Gotta love Saturdays!
6 comments:
What a great way to spend the day together, and embrace the little sunshine that comes in the fall! Your yard looks lovely! It makes me homesick to see all those beautiful trees!
The yard looks fabulous! I wish I could drive down your little lane in the fall! Kona looks as big as Rollin (or bigger!) Next time get a picture of YOU driving the ATV...I would love to see that! Darcie
So reminds me of our time in Fredericksbury. I remember you all in the peach trees, on top of the chicken coop, burying one another in the leaves, jumping on the trampolene with the hose under it, pulling the armadilla out of its hole by the tail, placing it in a gunny sack and hauling it down the street and letting it out, many a birthday party outside, riding the shetland pony, playing tennis and on and on. Many fond memories!! Seems like a lifetime ago - SAD. Enjoy and savor every minute because time seems to fly on wings of lightening!!
Beautiful fall colors and beautiful spacious land! Ahh I would love to see it in person. Must visit soon! I love productive Saturdays...very fulfilling indeed. And yes,the quad and trailer great for 5-acre clean up!
Gorgeous. I love seeing pictures of your yard. Such a dream! :)
The trees are looking so beautiful! I love it when they change colors. That's not something we get in Miami. I'd hate to have to rake up those leaves though!
Post a Comment